Remix each of the two components (parts A and B) every time before using.
a. Mixing of the two components
Add 100 parts of BLUESIL RT FOAM 3242 A to 100 parts of BLUESIL RT FOAM 3242 B.
Part A and Part B should be thoroughly mixed together. Vigorous and thorough mixing should be maintained for about 30 seconds. The mixed product should then be quickly casted into the desired application site.
For larger volume applications, BLUESIL RT FOAM 3242 A&B has been specifically designed with a favourable 1:1 mix ratio (both by weight or by volume) to easily suit a robotic dispensing, where mixing is achieved by means of a dynamic mixer.
The type and degree of mixing and shear can significantly affect the cell structure, cure and density of the final foam product.
Handling precaution: Immediately upon mixing BLUESIL RT FOAM 3242 A&B a chemical reaction takes place that results in the evolution of flammable hydrogen gas.
APPROPRIATE CAUTION SHOULD BE EXERCISED.
If Part B of BLUESIL RT FOAM 3242 A&B comes in contact with strong acid, bases or oxidising materials, it could generate hydrogen. Ensure that containers are properly closed after each use in order to avoid any contamination of the contents.
HYDROGEN GAS EVOLUTION: adequate ventilation must be provided to prevent localised build-up of hydrogen gas concentration upon curing or unforeseen contamination of part B. Keep away from sparks and open flames. Waste liquid material must be handled, disposed and stored considering this precautionary information, i.e. it should NOT be sealed in plastic bags and large quantities should not be allowed to accumulate.
b. Crosslinking & foaming
The best curing conditions are at 23°C. The use of the product at higher temperatures will reduce the pot life and demolding time. As opposed to this, lower temperatures will increase the pot life and decrease the demolding time.
At 23°C, the cured silicone can be demolded after the time indicated as "demolding time" (see § 2.Polymerization, pag.2).
Be aware that contact with certain materials can inhibit the curing of BLUESIL RT FOAM 3242 A&B:
If doubts exist it is recommended to run a quick test with a small quantity of material in order to assess compatibility. Take duly note that cross contamination due to not well cleaned tools or devices is frequently the main cause of inhibition.
- Sulphur and its derivatives (e.g. natural rubbers vulcanized with sulphur)
- Ammonia and amines (e.g. amine cured epoxies, epoxy curing agents)
- Polycondensation RTV o PUR catalysed with metal salts
- PVC stabilizing agents
The best way is to use only dedicated gear when processing polyaddition BLUESIL RT FOAM 3242 A&B.
|STORAGE t < +40°C IN ITS ORIGINAL PACK||Store in a cool, dry place with adequate ventilation. Keep away from incompatible materials, open flames, and high temperatures. Store in tightly closed original container. equipped with a degassing device. Suitable containers: polyethylene. Steel drums coated with epoxy-resin.||Please consult the Safety Data Sheet of this product.|
BLUESIL RT FOAM 3242 B
BLUESIL RT FOAM 3242 A&B is a two-component silicone foam which cures at room temperature by an addition cure reaction.
When the A and B liquid components are thoroughly mixed in 1:1 ratio, the product expands and cures to a foamed elastomer at room temperature.
Optical Encapsulant;Optical Transparency;Protection;UV resistant
2 Part RTV
- Easy curing: BLUESIL RT FOAM 3242 A&B crosslinks at temperatures above 20ºC even in the complete absence of moisture.
- Easy processing since components A & B to be mixed (100 parts and 100 parts) are both free flowing.
- Low hardness (Shore 00).
- Low compression set.
- Excellent heat stability up to 250°C even to 275°Cduring 24 hours.
- Good oil and fire resistance
- In compliance with UL 50 E
- Temperature variation does not modify the properties to a significant degree. This product remains stable and flexible.
- The material expands without employing ozone depleting CFCs or other related blowing agents.
This product is specifically designed for thermal resistance and fire resistance applications. Other suggested applications are like:
- Automatic installation of gaskets for the automotive and domestic appliance industry.
- Fire retardant thermal insulation.
- Insulation of noise and heat.
- Enclosure for electrical equipment.
- Cushioning and damping when high temperature variation is involved.
Asia Pacific;Europe Middle East Africa;Central and South America;North America
|For information about Storage and Shelf Life for this product, please download the Technical Data Sheet.|