1, Mixing the two components
Bluesil RTV 3037A/RTV30** B is mixed by weight in a fixed ratio given above. The two components may be thoroughly mixed either by hand or using a low-speed electric or pneumatic mixer to minimise the introduction of air and to avoid any temperature increase.
Note: It is also possible to use a special mixing and dispensing machine for the two silicone components. Further information is available upon request.
The mixture should be degassed preferably at 30 to 50 mbar to eliminate any entrapped air. If a dispensing machine is used, the two components are degassed separately prior to mixing. The silicone mixture expands to 3 to 4 times of its initial volume and bubbles rise to the surface .The bubbles progressively disappear and the mixture returns to its initial volume after 5 to 10 minutes. Wait a few minutes to complete the degassing and then flash the vacuum. The silicone is ready for pouring, either by gravity or under low pressure.
Note: Flashing the vacuum once or twice accelerates the degassing. It is recommended to use a container with a high diameter/height rati (3 to 4 times of the initial volume)
The curing may be slowed down at lower temperature or accelerated by applying heat.
Note: in general contact with certain materials can inhibit the crosslinking of RTV.
See list below:
- Natural rubbers vulcanised with sulphur
- RTV elastomers catalysed with metal salts,e.g. tin compounds
- PVC stabilised with tin salts and additives
- Epoxy catalysed with amines
- Certain organic solvents, e.g.Ketones, alcohols, ether etc.
In case of doubt, it is recommended to test the substrate by applying a small quantity of the mixed silicone on a restricted area.
|STORAGE -10°C < t < +30°C IN ITS ORIGINAL PACK STIR WELL BEFORE USE||No special storage precautions noted. Material is stable under normal conditions. Avoid contact with oxidizing agents. Suitable containers: polyethylene. Plastic lined steel drum.||Please consult the Safety Data Sheet of this product.|
BLUESIL RTV 3037 A
Bluesil RTV 3037 is a two component silicone elastomer crosslinking at room temperature. The polymerisation can be accelerated by heat (max.150oC). The silicone components are delivered as liquids, which once mixed and cured transform into a transparent, elastic and resistant material. Polymerisation occurs without formation of heat.
2 Part RTV
- Easy curing: Bluesil RTV 3037 polymerises at room temperature (23C). The curing characteristics are independent of part thickness.
- Exceptional mechanical properties
- Fast mixing (10:1) and easy processing due to the low viscosity
- Outstanding transparency
- Accurate reproduction of details
- Label manufacturing
- Moulding applications requiring low shrinkage eg toys, jewellery, automotive etc.
|For information about Storage and Shelf Life for this product, please download the Technical Data Sheet.|