1. Mix Part A and Part B components according to recommended weight ratios.
The two components are thoroughly mixed using an electrical or pneumatic mixer, on a low speed setting so as to limit the inclusion of air in the mixture. A dispensing machine can also be used.
2. After mixing A and B parts, it is preferable to degas the product to eliminate the air bubbles that would be visible in the finished part and which would reduce the mechanical and dielectric properties. Degasing is generally carried out with a vacuum of 30 to 50 mbar releasing the vacuum several times during the operation. A recipient with a high diameter/height ratio is better suited to quick degasing however the height must be sufficient to contain the swelling of the elastomer under vacuum conditions.
3. BLUESIL ESA 6024 A&B is poured slowly and regularly. In the case of a high thickness coating operation, the casting must be made at the lowest point in the volume to be filled this avoids forming and including air bubbles in the volume. It should not be filled totally to allow expansion of the BLUESIL ESA 6024 A&B at service temperatures.
Certain materials that BLUESIL ESA 6024 A&B may be in contact with when curing could inhibit the reaction. Especially troublesome materials are: sulphur-containing cured natural and synthetic rubber compounds (neoprene, latex, SBR), tin catalyzed silicone rubbers, amine catalyzed epoxies, PVC stabilized with tin salts and some polyurethane elastomers.
|STORAGE t < +40°C IN ITS ORIGINAL PACK||No special storage precautions noted. Material is stable under normal conditions. Avoid contact with oxidizing agents. Suitable containers: polyethylene. Plastic lined steel drum.||Please consult the Safety Data Sheet of this product.||ELV;RoHS;WEEE|
BLUESIL ESA 6024 A
BLUESIL ESA 6024 A&B is a pourable, two component silicone rubber that cures at room temperature by a polyaddition reaction, to a very soft and translucent silicone gel.
BLUESIL ESA 6024 A&B is particularly recommended for applications where a self-bleeding effect is prohibited.
2 Part RTV
- Easy processing, due to the good fluidity of parts A and B and their mixing ratio (1:1).
- Good pourability.
- Translucent (Good optical transmission)
- Quick setting, accelerated by heating.
- Pronounced inherent tack.
- Outstanding dielectric properties.
- Good heat stability in confined space (even above 100°C ).
- Outstanding protection of encapsulated equipment against mechanical stress due to temperature variations and vibrations.
- Protection of electronic units by potting
- Encapsulation of electronic components for the automotive and power electronics industries.
- Encapsulation of solar cells.
- Damping systems.
Asia Pacific;Europe Middle East Africa;Central and South America;North America
|For information about Storage and Shelf Life for this product, please download the Technical Data Sheet.|