1. Electrical applications
BLUESIL RES 8152P is normally applied to glass braids and sleeving by dip coating. It should therefore be pre-diluted in an aromatic solvent (toluene or xylene for example) to a concentration of 25 to 30% solids.
Curing may be accelerated by adding 0.5 to 1% of a functional silane such as aminoethyl, y-aminopropyl trimethoxysilane to the resin.
After impregnation, coating braids
and sleeving are baked in a hot-air tunnel or tower at:
- 80 - 100°C for the first zone,
- 100 - 150°C for the medial zone,
- 220°C approx. for the last zone.
The dipping time is typically around 10 minutes.
Impregnation is obtained by successive coatings; as a general rule, 3 to 4 layers of diluted resin solution, followed by a final layer of undiluted resin.
2 - Paint application
For good adhesion of the paint on the substrate, the surface to be coated first should be sandblasted. The painted piece will need baking before handling.
Curing can be carried out at time of use (in which case, the coating should be protected during storage), or, if possible, the piece should be heat-cured (30 min to 1 hour at 250-300°C) immediately after application of the paint.
In the case of thick coatings, it is advisable to bring the temperature to 300°C in stages in order to avoid blistering.
|STORAGE -20°C ||Avoid discharge into drains, water courses or onto the ground. Store in a cool, dry place with adequate ventilation. Keep away from incompatible materials, open flames, and high temperatures. Nitrogen blanketing of containers is required. Avoid contact with oxidizing agents. Suitable containers: Steel drums coated with epoxy-resin.||Please consult the Safety Data Sheet of this product.||RoHS;WEEE|
BLUESIL RES 8152P
BLUESIL RES 8152P is a 50% solids methylphenylsilicone resin in Toluene solution.
This resin is designed to formulate heat resistant coatings for industrial applications with improved weatherability.
Adhesion;Heat Protection;High Temperature Protection
- High temperature resistance (up to 600°C) when used in combination with suitable temperature-stable fillers and pigments.
- High flexibility.
- Low viscosity facilitating impregnation.
- Excellent dielectric properties.
- Impregnation of glass-cloth braids, flexible sleeving and braided cables for electrical applications. BLUESIL RES 8152P is also suitable for the manufacture of flexible insulating materials.
- Manufacture of industrial heat-resistant coatings exposed to a continuous working-temperature of 400 to 600°C, with improved weatherability.
Asia Pacific;Europe Middle East Africa;Central and South America;North America
|For information about Storage and Shelf Life for this product, please download the Technical Data Sheet.|