The low viscosity of BLUESIL EMUL 242 means that it can be used as delivered or diluted in water in the various applications indicated. To dilute, add water to the emulsion.
In the textiles industry, BLUESIL EMUL 242 is used as:
- A fabric softener: an additive in preparations as long as the emulsion is compatible with the other components.
- Elastomeric softener: with catalyst CE-17 the catalyst/emulsion ratio must be 20 %.
- Additive to make leathers and hides shine: the product is treated by spraying or using a roller with drying under usual conditions. BLUESIL EMUL 242 improves the gloss and feel of the substrate.
The quantity of BLUESIL EMUL 242 to be used depends on the effect and characteristics that are required.
|Avoid discharge into drains, water courses or onto the ground. Store in a cool, dry place with adequate ventilation. Keep away from incompatible materials, open flames, and high temperatures. Avoid contact with oxidizing agents. Suitable containers: Steel drums coated with epoxy-resin.||Please consult the Safety Data Sheet of this product.||GOTS;OEKO-TEX;RoHS|
BLUESIL EMUL 242
BLUESIL EMUL 242 is a non-ionic oil-in-water type emulsion of a high viscosity hydroxydimethylpolysiloxane fluid.
BLUESIL EMUL 242 is characterised by its reactivity, its outstanding stability, its lubricating power and its fabric softening properties (textiles applications).
Anti-blocking;Chemical Protection;Coating;Fire Protection;Hydrophobing;Lubrication;Non-stick;Release;Slip
BLUESIL EMUL 242 has many industrial applications:
- Rubber mould release.
- Fabric softener for textiles finishing preparations.
- Additive for homecare products (polishes).
- Shiny finish for leathers and hides.
Asia Pacific;Europe Middle East Africa;Central and South America;North America
|For information about Storage and Shelf Life for this product, please download the Technical Data Sheet.|