SILCOLEASE® silicone release coatings are used in a multitude of applications involving Pressure Sensitive Adhesives (PSA’s) and other tacky materials.
These formulated systems coat easily and cure quickly onto a broad range of paper or film substrates to give the release properties required in diverse applications.
In an industry with an infinite combination of possible substrates, adhesives and manufacturing processes, the technical challenges can only be met by the widest range of silicone release materials.
The SILCOLEASE® range is unique in its ability to cover all technologies used in silicone release coatings. Click here
• Solventless Thermal : Pt catalysed vinyl reactive polymers.
• Solventless Radiation : Epoxy chemistry with cationic cure, Acrylate chemistry with free radical cure.
• Emulsion : Both Pt and Tin catalysed systems
• Solvent : Both Pt and Tin catalysed systems
Within these product groups there are comprehensive ranges of base polymers, crosslinkers, catalysts, release modifiers and other performance additives to tailor our SILCOLEASE® release system to meet your needs.
Labelstock is the largest application and covers the following end applications:
The function of the label is typically decoration and information
- Primary labels for foodstuffs, beverages, cosmetics or other general consumer goods.
- Price labels
- Bar-code labels
- Security labels – void, hologram.
- Smart labels – RFID, heat sensor labels
PSA Tapes that need a release silicone are used in wide and varied applications.
- Double sided tapes for fixing and bonding
- Flying splice in paper industry
- Electronic applications
- Automotive applications
Medical & Hygiene
Silicone release coatings prove vital to allow the use of self-adhesive products for end products that are easy and efficient to use.
Graphic Arts & decorative labels
Graphic Arts & decorative labels have grown rapidly in recent years. They rely on silicone release coatings with a specific performance.
- Vehicle decoration
- Advertising panels
- Building decoration and protection
Industrial & other consumer goods
Applications are wide and varied and silicone release liners offer gains in productivity and ease of use in many areas.
- Interleaving applications
- Roofing (bitumen)
- Insulation tapes
- Self-adhesive stamps
Food release & cooking papers
Food release & cooking papers Offering a non- migratory non-stick surface these papers take an ever growing role in industrial and household cooking applications.
Antifoam for pulp production
High performance silicone antifoams are widely used in paper mills to significantly improve overall production process productivity in this process that uses a large amount of water with a high organic matter content with recycling.